Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eating Down the Fridge Challenge: Day 3 (Tuesday)

Turkey Burger

I have a bad habit of going to the store and buying ground meat.
I think this stems from my childhood where we practically ate ground beef every day of the week: tacos, goulash, Bisquick "pies" of meat and cheese. So I apologize for having a second day of ground meat, but that is what's really in my fridge.

Today we had a package of ground turkey. I had proposed empanadas. CCO thought it was a lot of work since the dough would take an hour to rise. * So we settled on turkey burgers, in that burgers would allow us to use the turkey, massive amount of nun cheese and some of the barbecue sauce I opened for the meatloaf.

Eat Rating: Pretty good -- for a turkey burger.
Difficulty: Super easy.

1 lb ground turkey
1/4 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
1-2 tsp parsley
2 eggs
1/2-3/4 cup bread crumbs

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with your hands until thoroughly combined. Shape into patties. Grill (we used the Foreman) or pan fry until cooked through. Serve between two slices bread, with cheese.

* Correction: An earlier version of this post attributed to CCO the thought that ground turkey is not flavorful enough for empanadas. He maintains this was not his objection. IL2E regrets the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment